Monday, May 2, 2011

Uncle Prawn (大頭蝦漁港) @ Sunway Giza Mall, Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara {CLOSED DOWN}

This is my 2nd approach to Uncle Prawn. Remember first time i went there when they newly open, I was so pissed off by their waiter that keep telling me the restaurant is FULL. I ask how long should i wait, and the waiter just keep tell me they are FULL instead of telling me politely that I may visit next time or try to find me a table. 

I decided to give it a try again after several months. And again the same attitude by their waiters. He told me that inside is FULL and request us to be seated outdoor, but we dislike the smoking area, so we still insist to have it indoor. The waiter just keep repeating is FULL. Then i ask further whether upstairs has any vacant table. Another waitress came over and say upstairs are big tables. So i ask whether we can sit at big table as we only have 3 person. She say no problem then show us the way. =.='' I feel they are so stupid to waste all the time telling me is FULL and explain upstairs only left big tables. Why don't just offer me the big tables, unless you reserve for big crowd, which they are not!!





There here we have a big table.


Ordered one of their signature dish - Fried Egg Noodle River Prawn in Creamy Egg Sauce (大頭蝦滑蛋生面) @ RM30/ portion
One portion can serve up to 2 pax with one river prawn into 2 pieces.


the noodle with thick creamy egg sauce is nice!! Honestly Sang Har Mee at Green View @ SS2 is still the best with the rich taste of River Prawn in the noodle and gravy. But Uncle Prawn is not bad too just the taste of the prawn egg yolk is not well mixed in the sauce. Can be better.


I like the prawn meat as its not very hard, just nice to suits my bite.




Besides, river prawns, they also serves other dishes like normal Chinese Restaurants.
Homemade Spinach Tofu (自制菠菜豆腐) @ RM16.80
Hmmm abit disappointed to this as there is no spinach taste nor you see any spinach in the tofu, its like liquid spinach mix with normal tofu. At first i thought is green tea tofu from the look. The top is some minced meat and shitaki mushroom which taste quite special.


Secret Recipe Thick Pork Rib (祕制黃金骨) @ RM19.80
Its highly recommended by the Captain as their special dish of a long piece of Pork Rib (shown in the Menu only). The pork is nice if you like the strong pork taste of it. 


The sauce for Pork Rib.


A cute ''kitty'' at their cashier counter.




Afterall, I will still go back for their Noodle with River Prawn and may be tried other side orders. Hope their waiters are well trained dealing with incoming customers. Remember to request for vacant tables instead of waiting them to lead you no where.


Uncle Prawn Restaurant (大頭蝦漁港)  {CLOSED DOWN}
Unit A-15, Sunway Giza,
Dataran Sunway,
47810 Kota Damansara,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.

Tel: 03-6148 1998
Fax: 03-6148 2998

Operating Hours:
Lunch: 11.30am - 3.00pm
Dinner: 6.30pm - 10.30pm

Website: www.uncleprawn.com
Email: info@uncleprawn.com

Click to enlarge for the Map



-n-

4 comments:

  1. ahakzzz..

    wahhhh..suddenly SEOUL GARDEN comes to my mind ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. @zis: haha how come seoul garden came into ur mind? i tot that is bbq.. you must be quite hungry then.. lolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. the food looks so good! it's a huge temptation for me cos im still recovering from the stye on my eye :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum! :) will definitely go have a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...